Aim: The SE Design Competion 2015
- To design a small item of furniture that is free-standing and fills no more than an area of W:60 x D:60 cm.
- The design should take its aestetical outset in the architecture of the Øregaard Museum in Hellerup, Denmark, where the exhibition would take place.
- The Title of the show was “Petit” – a french word meaning something small, elegant and light – which had to be translated into the design.
Entry Date: February 2015
Design skills used:
- Location and design research to identify the key visual elements that I wanted to use in my design
- Sketching and concept development using notes and photographs taken on location
- Market research to identify the current possibilities in the furniture area I had chosen to focus on
- 3D scale modelling using balsa and pine wood to contruct a 1/5 scale model
- Photography and DTP to present my idea to the jury
Final Design Model – 1:5 scale:
Location and visual inspiration research:
Sketch design development:
(More pictures on the way soon! – updated 31/08/2015)